To be able to easily describe, define and specify colour, the NCS system was developed, based on how people see colour. NCS is a useful tool in all colour communication and design processes. In this course, we train and learn to understand our colour vision with the help of NCS. With increased understanding of how the NCS system works, based on our colour perception and how colour is described in precise terms, working with colour becomes easier and more creative.
Who is this for?
The course is intended for people who work with colour in architecture, design, interior design, in colour shops, etc. and want to understand how our colour vision works and learn a colour language that everyone can use.
Why take the course?
- Improve your ability to interpret and understand your colour intuition
- Make conscious colour choices with theoretical knowledge about how colours work together.
- Gain an understanding of the different dimensions that affect how we perceive colour
- Get a useful, rational tool for making colour analyses in your work with colour communication
The course fee includes lunch, refreshments during breaks, course materials, certificate, and the book “Colour Choices”, A practitioner´s guide to colour scheming and design. The author is Berit Bergström, Senior Lecturer, NCS Colour AB.
The book is about colour, colour design and colour research and can be useful for practitioners in colour coordination and design or when working on colour design assignments.(value Eur 30). After completing the course, you receive a certificate for the skills you have learned.
Bengt Ahlin is a colour and lighting designer and has assignments and projects in both the public and private sectors in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany. He has taught colour & light, colour theory, lighting design and NCS at Colour Academy since 2007. Bengt has extensive knowledge of light and colour, for example from the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden and the University of Oslo in Norway.
- Duration: 1 day (2.5 credits)
- Language: Swedish and English
- Venue: NCS Colour Academy in Stockholm